JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SENIOR NATIVE ANDROID DEVELOPER
We are looking for a Native Android Developer with good commercial experience. Our Android App(s) are written in Kotlin, so experience with Kotlin is required.
The position will allow you to work on some significant high-profile projects within the motorsport world. Our client is the peak body for motorsport safety in Australia.
You will be working within a small Agile Scrum team using the latest Product techniques developed in Silicon Valley & Australia. We are looking for a person who thinks from the customers perspective and wants to be involved in defining and solving real customer-facing problems.
- You are a Senior Native Android Developer: Kotlin experience is required, but Java is acceptable for the right candidate. Candidates with only React Native or other hybrid App development experience will unfortunately not be considered.
- You have the ability to own the entire development cycle of an App from initial project creation to deployment to the Play Store.
- You have experience creating Android apps and are comfortable using native packages and libraries – Kotlin Required.
- You have a portfolio of API driven Android Apps that you have built and can demonstrate.
- You can navigate the App development process from creation to submitting to the Google Play Store.
- You have a good handle on design and user experience best practices – bonus points if you know what Jobs to be Done theory is!
- You can comfortably navigate versioning tools such as Git.
- Automated test coverage is a normal part of the development process for you.
- You can read User/Job Stories (in English) and work with the Product Manager and others designing the best outcomes for the user.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- High Level English – Both Written and Spoken
- Highly Motivated and Capable of Working Alone to Achieve Targets
Benefits (Tangible and Intangible)
- 20 days leave (15 VL and 5 SL) annually
- Health insurance (HMO)
- Salary increase based on performance upon 6th month and/or annually
- Learning opportunities
- Work-Life balance
- Open and transparent management