JOB DESCRIPTION FOR AN IT SUPERVISOR
We are looking for an IT professional that can work with staff at all levels across the business to keep our systems and staff productive and our new staff systems set up on time. This position requires a highly organized, self-motivated individual that is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the IT department, including daily tasks, system checklists, system monitoring, and productivity monitoring of the department.
Zoho applications are used, Visio for flowcharts, and Microsoft Products as necessary for all other tasks.
Boomering is managed to the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS), to align and synchronize the business to attain our goals.
- Designing and installing well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Performing troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Testing and configuring software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Evaluate Network Performance and find ways of improvement
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Do regular backups to protect the company’s information
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and other comprehensive advice and instructions
- Ticket resolution for all staff in the company
- Maintaining and creating checklist for IT related processes
- Auditing of all checklists for completeness and correctness
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, or related fields
- Results-oriented with attention to detail, very organized and self-motivated.
- Willing to travel during working hours in personal or company vehicle
- Systems savvy, having the ability to analyze systems and optimize them
- Time management/ organization: Multi-tasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Personal Attributes
- Inquisitive to understand how software is configured, and how processes flow
- Highly organized, leads by example getting into details as necessary
- Uses initiative, proposes solutions rather than relaying problems
- Business savvy, with the ability to see how the project is tied to the organization’s overarching business goals
- Good listener and an excellent communicator
- Risk-aware and resourceful to adequately manage risk
- Open to self-assessment and evaluation
- Confident to work with staff of all levels of seniority