JOB DESCRIPTION FOR AN ACCOUNTANT
We are looking for a highly accurate Accountant to join our team. The responsibilities of a Accountant include preparing, reviewing, and analyzing complex financial reports of the company, balancing accounts, and verifying bank statements on behalf of the company. The Senior Accountant will maintain a ledger to ensure effectiveness and accuracy of all accounting.
The successful Candidate will help build the Client’s best practice process to streamline his workflow and systematize the business.
As an Accountant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar discipline is strongly preferred.
- CPA certification is an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of proven work experience and track record in an Australian Accounting firm preferred.
- Extensive experience with Xero and XPM.
- Proficiency in creating financial statements and has high level of accuracy.
- Advanced knowledge of document management systems and accounting software programs.
- Exceptional communication and written skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) & financial procedures.
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office and with advanced MS Excel knowledge (familiarity with formulas, VLOOKUPs and pivot tables), Xero, MYOB Account right and Essentials, QuickBooks.
- Advanced knowledge of individual tax returns.
- Exceptional conceptual thinking, resourcefulness, diligence, attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills.
Your Responsibilities as an Accountant would be:
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyze financial information and summarise financial status.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
- Plan, assign and review junior accountant’s works.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Communicate with Manager and/or Director on work status and client issues that arise.
Boomering is a successful, equal opportunities BPO based in Clark Freeport Zone, who’s modern office facilities offer the latest in technology and backups, together with amazing renumeration and benefits packages.
Our Core Values are the essential key to our success, and our mission is to Enrich Client and Staff Lives Through Simple and Smart Offshoring Solutions. We manage the company using the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) and achieving a good work life balance for everyone.