JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SOCIAL MEDIA/GENERAL MARKETER POSITION
This position is a combined role for a Social Media Specialist and a General Marketer.
A Social Media Specialist should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. You are responsible for joining relevant conversations on behalf of the brand and “soft selling” the product by providing support to current and prospective customers.
A successful Marketing Officer must have great enthusiasm for all things marketing and great knowledge of relevant techniques and principles. The ideal candidate will also be an excellent communicator and will have experience in managing different marketing ventures.
The goal is to ensure that the marketing efforts of the company add the highest value to its business.
As a Social Media Specialist:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 2-3 or more years of social media experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must have a thorough understanding of social media management and strategy.
- Experience using various analytics software.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of social media marketing (specifically Facebook).
- Knowledge of email marketing (experience with ActiveCampaign a plus),
- A good grasp on graphic design for social media marketing (Photoshop and Canva skills required).
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, and always meets deadlines.
- Knowledge of updating WordPress/Squarespace sites a plus.
- Knowledge of the Facebook and Amazon advertising platforms a plus.
Your Responsibility as Social Media Specialist would be:
- Developing social media content plans that are consistent with the company’s brand identity.
- Creating consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, including writing and editing social media posts, improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns.
- Managing a high volume of daily social media posts.
- Communicating with social media followers, including responding to queries in a timely manner.
- Using analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite Pro, and Facebook Insights to monitor and evaluate the company’s social media presence and performance.
- Preparing monthly reports on social media marketing efforts.
- Suggesting recommendations to adjust the social media marketing strategy for optimal results.
- Staying up to date on best practices and emerging trends in social media.
- Performing other duties when needed.
As a General Marketer:
- Good understanding of market research techniques, statistical and data analysis methods
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Forms, Drive) and marketing software (e.g. CRM)
- Thorough understanding of social media and web analytics
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach
Your Responsibilities as a General Marketer would be:
- Collaborating with sales, marketing, advertising, product design and product development team members to planning promotional marketing campaigns
- Creating editorial and content creation calendars for various media platforms and outlets
- Assisting with the design, negotiation and placement of social media ads and email blasts
- Producing a brand style guide that best captures the company or client's voice and mission
- Helping team leads set, allocate and monitor the budget of each project
- Meeting with clients to discuss brand guidelines, goals, budget and timelines
- Conducting market research to determine a target audience's needs, wants, habits, interests and other relevant factors used in creating targeted marketing campaigns
- Researching previous successful campaigns to understand what worked, what didn't and what can be improved
- Reviewing the progress and success of a campaign, making adjustments or pitching ideas for new campaigns as necessary
Benefits (Tangible and Intangible)
- 20 days leave (15 VL and 5 SL) annually
- Health insurance (HMO)
- Salary increase based on performance upon 6th month and/or annually
- Learning opportunities
- Work-Life balance
- Open and transparent management